To check your balance please login to your My Account.
How do I check my account balance?
Why is my bill high?
Your bill could be higher than expected due to a few reasons:
- Your bill may have been generated based on an estimate read. If you do receive an estimated bill, any difference between your last actual read and your next actual read would balance out. You can check your consumption and type of reading on the back of your bill.
- You may have been billed for a longer period than usual – you can check the number of days you have been billed for on your bill.
- You may be on the wrong user plan. To check what user plan is right for your home, click here.
- You may have had visitors staying with you during this period
- You may have used your heater or air conditioning more than usual
- Your gas heater or heat pump may need a service
- You could have a faulty appliance that is using more electricity then it should. Read below for information on how to do a “two-man test”
To check if one of your appliances is faulty and using more electricity than it should, you can do a “two-man test”:
- Turn off all appliances in your home (including hot water cylinder) and take a meter reading
- Have a friend stand at the meter while you turn on one appliance and see how much the meter reading increases
- Then turn this appliance off, go to another one and turn it on
- Go through each appliance one by one. If you notice one appliance is causing the meter reading to increase much faster than other devices, this could mean that the appliance is faulty and using more electricity than it should
If you believe an appliance is faulty, it is best to contact an electrician to repair the appliance or replace it.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to email our team on firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I read my meter?
For details on how to read your meter, click here.
I need help paying my power bill
If you are having trouble paying your bill, please email email@example.com to discuss your payment options.
MoneyTalks is a great free financial helpline that offers confidential budgeting advice to individuals, family and whanau. Their team of Financial Mentors provide free advice, support and connect people with local budgeting services in their community. For more information or to book a free appointment click here.
How to pay your bill online
Paying your bill online is safe and secure. Simply follow these steps below
- Log into your My Account
- View the invoice you would like to pay
- Select pay your bill online from the top left menu
- Then select pay with credit card
If you have not registered for My Account, follow these easy instructions here.
How do I set up a My Account?
Registering for My Account is easy. All it takes is four simple steps:
- Go to My Account – Saber Online
- Enter your email address
- Enter your Account Number (twice) - this can be found on the top front of your bill
- You will then be sent a confirmation email to set up your password
Please note that you can register for My Account once you receive your first power bill.
Pay it Forward Programme
Can I make a one off contribution to the Pay it Forward Programme?
Unfortunately, we are not currently set up to do one off payments for this Programme.
Can I pause my contribution to the Pay it Forward Programme?
A contributor is able to pause or cancel their contribution at any point in time. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org
How long will the Pay it Forward Programme go on for?
We would like to set this up as a long term programme. The success of this fund and the number of customers we can support is reliant on contributions from our customers. A contributor is able to pause or cancel their contribution at any point in time.
How is Pulse Energy contributing to the Pay it Forward Programme?
Pulse Energy has committed to contribute $150,000 in the first year of setting up this fund and we will provide updates of future contributions online and by email.
Can I claim this as a Donation to the Pay it Forward Programme in my Tax Credit claim?
Unfortunately, you cannot. Pioneer Energy Retail is not a registered charity which is a requirement for any tax credits. The purpose of the fund is simply to deliver support to customers who are facing energy hardship.
- How can I find out how much has been contributed so far to the Pay it Forward Programme?